Subject: Fwd: FW: Children of the 80s ...I figured you kids of the 80's would like this!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:20:45 EST

In a message dated 01/30/2003 2:56:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Children of the Eighties Unite! 
> 
> When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious
> diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up-what
> with
> walking twenty-five miles to school every morning uphill both ways
> through
> year 'round blizzards carrying their younger siblings on their backs
> to
> their one-room schoolhouse where they maintained a straight-A average
> despite their full-time after-school job at the local textile mill
> where
> they worked for 35 cents an hour just to help keep their family from
> starving to death! 
> 
> And I remember promising myself that when I grew up there was no way I
> was
> going to lay a bunch of junk like that on kids about how hard I had it
> and
> how easy they've got it! 
> 
> But...... 
> 
> Now that I've reached the ripe old age of twenty-nine, I can't help but
> look
> around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so darned easy!
> 
> I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a freakin' Utopia!  And I
> hate
> to say it, but you kids today...you don't know how good you've got it!
> 
> 
> I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. We wanted to
> know
> something, we had to go to the LIBRARY and look it up ourselves! 
> 
> And there was no e-mail! We had to actually write somebody a
> letter-with a
> pen! And then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it
> in
> the frickin' mailbox and it would take like a week to get there! 
> 
> And there were no MP3s or Napsters! We wanted to steal music, we had to
> go
> to the record store and shoplift it ourselves! Or we had to wait around
> all
> day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the
> beginning and mess it all up! 
> 
> We didn't have fancy stuff like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone
> and
> somebody else called they got a busy signal! And we didn't have fancy
> Caller
> ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was -- it
> could
> be your boss, your mom, a collections agent, your drug dealer -- you
> didn't
> know!!! You just had to pick it up and take your chances, mister! 
> 
> And we didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation or "X-Box" videogames
> with
> high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like
> "Space
> Invaders" and "Asteroids" and the graphics were just plain awful! Your guy 
> was a
> little square! You had to use your imagination! And there were no
> multiple
> levels or screens-it was just one screen...forever! And you could never
> win!
> The game just kept getting harder and faster until you died! Just like
> LIFE!
> 
> 
> When you went to the movie theater there was no such thing as stadium
> seating! All the seats were the same height! A tall guy sat in front of
> you,
> you were screwed! 
> 
> And sure, 2% of us had cable television, but back then that was only
> like 20
> channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book
> called
> a TV Guide to find out what was on! And 98% of us still had to use one
> of
> those God-awful, frustrating antennas that you would bend and twist
> into
> every conceivable configuration AND wrap the ends with aluminum foil
> and
> still not get a clear picture! And UHF!!! Need I say more?!?!?!
> 
> And there was no Cartoon Network! You could only get cartoons on
> Saturday
> morning...D'ya hear what I'm saying?! We had to wait ALL WEEK, you
> spoiled
> little brats! 
> 
> That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too
> easy.
> You're spoiled, I swear to God! 
> 
> You guys wouldn't last five minutes back in 1984!!!!! 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

Subject: Fwd: FW: Children of the 80s (So True!!! All of it:D)
From: "Christopher McCoy" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 02:55:21 -0500

>From: "Cheryl Langley"

>To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

>Subject: Fwd: FW: Children of the 80s

>Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:14:15 -0600

>

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

Cheryl Q. Langley

>From: [email-masked]

>To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

>Subject: Fwd: FW: Children of the 80s

>Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:33:15 EST

>

>

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*

Subject: Fwd: FW: Children of the 80s
From: "labluvrs" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 29 Jan 2003 00:09:18 -0000

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:14:10 -0600 tawnya conner <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
 
Enjoy.
Subject: Children of the 80s

Children of the Eighties Unite 
 
When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious
diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up-what
with
walking twenty-five miles to school every morning uphill both ways
through
year 'round blizzards carrying their younger siblings on their backs
to
their one-room schoolhouse where they maintained a straight-A average
despite their full-time after-school job at the local textile mill
where
they worked for 35 cents an hour just to help keep their family from
starving to death! 

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up there was no way I
was
going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it
and
how easy they've got it! 

But...... 

Now that I've reached the ripe old age of twenty-nine, I can't help but
look
around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so damned easy!

I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a freakin' Utopia!  And I
hate
to say it, but you kids today...you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. We wanted to
know
something, we had to go to the LIBRARY and look it up ourselves! 

And there was no e-mail! We had to actually write somebody a
letter-with a
pen! And then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it
in
the frickin' mailbox and it would take like a week to get there! 

And there were no MP3s or Napsters! We wanted to steal music, we had to
go
to the record store and shoplift it ourselves! Or we had to wait around
all
day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the
beginning and f*** it all up! 

We didn't have fancy sh** like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone
and
somebody else called they got a busy signal! And we didn't have fancy
Caller
ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was -- it
could
be your boss, your mom, a collections agent, your drug dealer -- you
didn't
know!!! You just had to pick it up and take your chances, mister! 

And we didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation or "X-Box" videogames
with
high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like
"Space
Invaders" and "Asteroids" and the graphics sucked butt! Your guy was a
little square! You had to use your imagination! And there were no
multiple
levels or screens-it was just one screen...forever! And you could never
win!
The game just kept getting harder and faster until you died! Just like
LIFE!

When you went to the movie theater there was no such thing as stadium
seating! All the seats were the same height! A tall guy sat in front of
you,
you were screwed! 

And sure, 2% of us had cable television, but back then that was only
like 20
channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book
called
a TV Guide to find out what was on! And 98% of us still had to use one
of
those God-awful, frustrating antennas that you would bend and twist
into
every conceivable configuration AND wrap the ends with aluminum foil
and
still not get a clear picture! And UHF!!! Need I say more?!?!?!

And there was no Cartoon Network! You could only get cartoons on
Saturday
morning...D'ya hear what I'm saying?! We had to wait ALL WEEK, you
spoiled
little brats! 

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too
easy.
You're spoiled, I swear to God! 

You guys wouldn't last five minutes back in 1984!!!!! 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OnMilwaukee.com Classifieds now has job listings! Visit http://jobs.onmilwaukee.com to search for local jobs today.